The American Red Cross

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Party of Hypocrits!

From the title, you can't tell which one I am referring to, because they are all hypocrits. I guess I need to become an independant. But even that has a downside. Maybe we can start the common sense party. Didn't that or something similar exist back in the day?

As I said, I have been working on this entry for a while, but never got around to writing it because I hated to admit it. But my cousin and consistent commenter on this blog sent me an email today pointing this all out. I couldn’t argue. So thanks Mike V for getting me to admit this.

I have to say, I have bee VERY disappointed in the Republican Party lately. Not that I disagree with their philosophy, nor do I disagree with their thoughts on how to get things done, but I do not like the hypocrites they have become.

They can disagree with the Miers nomination because they do not know how she would vote on Roe vs. Wade, BUT they can not vote against her because of how they think she would vote. This is exactly what they accused the Democrats of doing. They have always said the President gets to nominate, and as long as the candidate is qualified, the congress should approve, regardless of their viewpoints. They point out they voted for Ginsburg (sp?) even though she is so liberal communism looks good. But then they cause enough of a stink for force the withdrawal of Miers.

In addition to Miers, all these allegations and accusations going around about various Republicans, Delay and company, are also showing the hypocritical side of high and mighty Republicans. Yes, the democrats are out for blood and using everything they have to condemn Republicans and I think much of it is disgraceful. They should look at their own party as well. But truth should prevail and if the accusations are true, and a crime, then so be it. Perjury is a crime BTW.

The TRUTH is that both parties are hypocrites, most political figures are hypocrites, and we have become something our forefathers were trying to avoid. Like sports salaries, I fear we have reached a point of no return and I see no way out. God bless us all, or not as your party dictates when convenient for their selfish souls. Both will see each other in hell.

Unfortunately, I see the same thing happening with Christians in this country. Picking and choosing what they read in the bible and how they interpret it. Being a Christian I have had this argument with my Pastor without satisfactory response. But this is digressing, so I will write another entry on this at a later date…

JV

2 Comments:

At Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Mike V said...

Great post John.

Most of my problems with the "Right" side has not been with their strategies, but rather their positioning themselves as the "moral authority." I am glad to see their hypocrisy exposed, because even though short-term it is not good for the country, hopefully it will open the door to honest discussion and less gradnstanding. I realize I'm being optimistic, but... What I would like to see is eyes opening to the reality that neither side is "better." We've become a nation where we pick allegiances to politcial parties like we pick allegiances to sports teams. It doesn't matter who is wearing the uniforms, we're always right and the other team is always wrong...

Both sides have been in power and both sides have been corrupted by the power. We need balance in this country. It serves us no good to have all branches of government controlled by the same party. Neither party is inherently better, because both parties are made up of humans, and all humans are fallible. It's the same reason why no church is inherently better than another. Churches are made up of people, at best inspired by God, but God and Church are not the same. Over time even The Bible has been manipulated by people/churches. The time has come for us to start looking out for each other, and stop trying to clain superiority of each other.

I think the months to come will be quite a mess for our government, but I beleive we're going to come out of it stronger, and not because of any victories/losses by either party. I do consider myself a liberal, but but not a Liberal.

Again, great post. Keep up the good work. Together, we can expose hypocrites everywhere!!!

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:05:00 PM, Blogger Mike V said...

Hey John,

Have you retired or what? There are still plenty of hypocrites out there left to expose!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The American Red Cross